blogspot visitor counter



강니.blogspot.com


this is real. this is me.



Sunsports Team Under 18
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:19 PM
Was dead tired yesterday night after coming back home from the Sunsports competitions so I didn't come online nor blog about the competition results.

Won Gan Eng Seng Secondary 4-1.Lost Hwa Chong Junior College 4-1.Lost Victoria Junior College 4-1.

I think we played well in spite of the losses.I didn't expect an easy fight against Gan Eng Seng Secondary,remember at the Nationals?Our match against Gan Eng Seng took so long that we were the only ones left in Chung Cheng High's hall.I guess we were just lucky with the line-up yesterday,plus one of the China players was absent.As for the matches against the junior colleges,I guess the losses were more or less expected.Those players are students from junior colleges,they have far more experience & better skills than us.So yeah,nobody were too bothered or upset by the losses(but I'm not sure about Coach though).Haha.

But,I was bothered by the I-lost-count number of services' mistakes that I served.Cost our doubles quite a hefty price,at least more than 10 points.No idea what was wrong with me.If Coach was there & saw those services,I think we would have to practise our services throughout every training session next month.Thank Goodness he wasn't there.Lol.

Team category competition is over for us but coming up next,is the singles category on Thursday.Whatever it is,experience is still the most important.

After the competitions,my parents were supposed to fetch me & go Braddell's Sinten to get the shoes,but Sinten closes at 7pm.It was already nearing 6.30pm,reckoned we couldn't get there on time so my Dad said to go there another time.Then,we had dinner @ Thai Village.

When we got home,I slept quite early because I was already exhausted.I didn't know that 3 matches would drained me dry of energy.

And,today,I spent the whole of my afternoon,1pm to 7pm,reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.Completed about two-third of the book.Not too bad,two-third in 6 hours.I think I'm not reading too slowly,am I?Haha.I wasn't too familiar with the occasional french dialogues exchanged & had to read through the dialogue a few times before inferring what it meant.Basic words like Moi,Monsieur,Oui & words that resembled alittle like English words were alright to me.At least,I knew what they meant.But anything more than that,I had to infer its meaning from the sentence or paragraph prior to it or after it.

Yes,it's a great book but I guess you got to have a strong faith throughout.I'm alright with it since I'm a free-thinker & will probably forget everything in about 1 weeks' time.Lol.Anyway,after reading the book,I knew about things I didn't know before --- the Fibonacci sequence,PHI,pentacle and such.I'm especially fascinated by the number PHI,1.618.I had no idea that it existed in most living things,even on humans.Take the length of the hips to the feet and divide it by the length of the knees to the feet.According to the book,you're supposed to get the number 1.618.Amazing,huh?I kinda regret only reading the book now & not earlier.It's not too late now to read it,anyway.Haha.

Alright,I gotta go.Good night! ^^

Labels:

Connie Tan
Nineteen
Singaporean
23 March 1991
National University of Singapore
FASS
Year 1
Floorball
Table Tennis
♥ Eusoff Hall

    follow me on Twitter

    Screen resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
    Established since: 16 November 2006
    Stats: visitors since 23 March 2008

    Just The Way You Are (Acoustic Cover) - Boyce Avenue