blogspot visitor counter



강니.blogspot.com


this is real. this is me.



Sixteen,here I come!
Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:34 PM


Last Saturday, my mom's friends came over to our house. They bought me so many sweets & a poker set complete with chips!!! Haha, I sound like a little girl who gets so excited at the mention of sweets. Then the 11 of us went out for dinner at the seafood restaurant near my house.


Then my sort-of-godmother was relating to us what her son does if his meal doesn't contain any meat :


Son: Mummy, 你想虐待儿童啊?为什么没有肉?


Mom: 哇,还儿童啊?已经是老童了!


Haha, I think it's super funny. By the way, her son's already 18. Her husband also told us that his son once got a ticket for crossing the road when it was red light. A $20 ticket. Hahaha.


**************************


Social Studies lesson yesterday was really wonderful. We were on the chapter about public housing in Singapore. But somehow, we talked from squatters & slums in the 1960s-1970s to the red light district in Joo Chiat to baboks(transexuals) in Bugis area and from sanitation to shits having different grades.


Seems like some guys in the class had the experience of walking in Joo Chiat and got 'invited' by ladies into their 'massage parlors' for their 'services'.


And someone asked Mrs Jain if transexuals really do cut off their vital parts. Mrs Jain said that some do but some don't and that those who do are totally transformed into females from head to top except they may have to inject female hormones into themselves every now and then.


Julian: Then those who don't, how they wear skirts? Can see something popping out from the skirts.


Leon: If they cut off, then how they pee?


Julian: They will leave a hole there and then put a straw!


LOL. It made the whole class roar with laughter. Trust them to think of such crazy questions and answers.


Then we went onto the topic of shit. Sanitation in the 1960s-1970s, to be exact. Poor sanitation, common toilets which only get cleared once a day, and of course, night-soilers. Someone asked where the shit collected by the night-soilers goes to. Mrs Jain said, to the vegetable farms. So yeah, people indirectly ate their own shit as they eat vegetables. Vegetarians most affected. Haha. Then now, where do the shit go to? Someone blurted out New Water Plant. No one took him seriously until Mrs Jain confirmed it. Most of us were like Oh My God. Then KC said,"Wah, imagine the shit got different grades one. Grade A shit, Grade B shit..." Mrs Jain said it's sort of true, the better ones are sent to the new water plant. KC then said,"The longer ones are Grade A shit. Then the not-so-watery ones are Grade B shit. Then the very watery ones are Grade C shit." HAHAHA.


It was really a hilarious session of Social Studies.


**************************


Test results this week were quite satisfactory. Especially the compositions. And except E Math.


69/70 for HCL composition, 24/30 for English composition, 30/40 for Chemistry, 10/20 for E Math. As you can see,E Math isn't what I would call satisfactory. Still need to work alot on E Math & A Math since they aren't my niches.


**************************


School started at 8.50am this morning. It was already 8.50am when I reached Simpang bus-stop. I ran all the way upslope from Simpang to school. What a good way to train my stamina,huh? But damn, I was still late. Supposed to do detention after school but since there's competitions today, Daryl said he would help me tell Mr Teo. I don't even know who in the world is Mr Teo la. Ah,whatever. I won't go for detention until they come and chase after me.


Today was against Sports School, but since we lost the Cedar Girls 5:0 on monday, there's also little chance of us winning Sports School & getting into Top 16. So 教练 decided to put all the Sec 4s down to play our second-last match. We lost 4:1 to Sports School. But it feels really great to be back on court with good old Bestie, Zhiying. The feeling's really wonderful. I missed pairing with her. Haha. It's so unlike me to be so sentimental. Anyway yeah, great game, Zhiying! ^^


Except someone claims that she doesn't know...


**************************


I'm turning SIXTEEN in about 3 hours time!!! Although 16 may not seem such big deal, I'm still excited & happy. KC's the earliest to wish me, thanks. Turned out that he was right about me tying my hair to school & winning the game. But it may just be a coincidence. Haha. I'm sure the girls are gonna make fun of this.


Actually, I've already received my present. Thanks Zhiying. ^^

Labels:

Connie Tan
Nineteen
Singaporean
23 March 1991
National University of Singapore
FASS
Year 1
Floorball
Table Tennis
♥ Eusoff Hall

    follow me on Twitter

    Screen resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
    Established since: 16 November 2006
    Stats: visitors since 23 March 2008

    Just The Way You Are (Acoustic Cover) - Boyce Avenue